Phil is a founding partner of Sullivan, McGibbons, Crickard & Associates, LLP in San Diego, California. Phil’s practice is focused in the areas of estate planning, trust and estate administration, and probate. He has extensive experience in estate planning for individuals and families, including trust formation, charitable giving, transfer tax planning, incapacity planning, intra-family transactions, trust and probate administrations and IRS estate tax audits.
Prior to forming Sullivan, McGibbons, Crickard & Associates, LLP, Phil was a Partner at Henderson, Caverly, Pum & Charney LLP, in San Diego, and in the Family Wealth and Exempt Organizations Practice Group at Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP, in San Diego.
- Masters in Law (Taxation) L.LM.- New York University (1995)
- Juris Doctorate, Villanova University School of Law (1988)
- Bachelor of Science (Accounting), Seton Hall University (1985)
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- North County Estate Planning Council (Founding Board Member)
- State Bar of California, Trusts and Estates Section
- San Diego County Bar Association
- AV Preeminent from the Martindale Hubbell®
- California Super Lawyer
- Top Attorney, Estate and Trust Planning, San Diego Magazine
- San Diego County Top Attorney, Estate Planning/Probate & Trust/Tax, The San Diego Daily Transcript
- Scripps Health Foundation, Gift Planning Advisory Board (former member)
- La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, Gift Planning Advisory Board